Statewide IPM Program staff members work closely with area IPM advisors, farm advisors, specialists, and researchers to develop educational programs that reflect the newest advances in pest management.
These online courses are FREE. Additional training materials, including videos, DVDs, books, and leaflets, are available in the Publications section. Check the Workshops & Events page for in-person presentations and hands-on training opportunities.
For pest management professionals and pesticide applicators
- Urban Pesticide Runoff and Mitigation
This online course provides information on pesticides, their impact on our water resources, and practical solutions for reducing runoff. CEUs are available from DPR and the Structural Pest Control Board.
- IPM: A Solution for Reducing Pesticides / Water Quality: Pesticide Properties
- The Impact of Pesticides on Water Quality / Mitigating Urban Pesticide Runoff
- Water Quality and Mitigation: Bifenthrin and Fipronil
- Herbicides and Water Quality
- Maintenance Gardener Pesticide Applicator
Exam Preparation Course
This course will help prepare you to take the California Department of Pesticide Regulation certified applicator (QAC) exam for maintenance gardeners in category Q.
- Pesticide Application Equipment and Calibration
This course provides practical information on calibrating application equipment to make sure you apply the correct amount of pesticide to a treatment area. CEUs are available from DPR and the Structural Pest Control Board.
For retail nursery and garden center employees
- Retail courses flyer
- Introduction to Pesticides
Training course for retail and garden center employees and others who advise residents about home and garden pesticides.
- Moving Beyond Pesticides: Environmentally Safe Tools for Use in an IPM Program
Training course for retail and garden center employees and others who advise consumers about the best tools and products for solving pest problems. Includes a basic overview of Integrated Pest Management and diagnosing pest problems.
For California PCA exam applicants